Effective: March 31, 2022
Scope of This Policy
Agreement to Terms
Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information (a) directly from you (such as when you create an account, order a product, fill out feedback forms or surveys, or send communications to us), (b) from third-party websites that you visit where our advertisements may be served, (c) from the device and browser that you use to access the Service, and (d) from cookies and similar technologies.
We may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and account username and password.
Financial and Transaction Information
We may collect payment details (such as credit or debit card information), billing address, order history, and purchasing or consuming tendencies.
If you send a message to us (such as through email, the chat function on our websites, or social media), we collect your name and contact details (e.g., email address) as well as any personal information you choose to share with us through those messages.
We may also draw inferences from the information that we collect that reflect your preferences or characteristics.
We may collect device information when you visit our websites. Device information may include your device type, browser type, online identifiers, IP address, and geolocation information.
We may collect information concerning your interaction with our websites, including when you access a website and your browsing activity on a website (such as which pages you visit, in what order, and for how long). This may include “traffic data” or tracking information provided by the website’s host or similar providers (e.g., Google Analytics) that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the Service.
We store certain information that gets collected automatically on our end through cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small string of information that a website that you visit transfers to your browser for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity while using a website or across websites, and that information helps companies understand your preferences and tendencies, as well as improve and personalize your website experience. Some cookies are necessary to operate a website, while others can be functional, analytical, or used for marketing purposes, including targeted advertising (as discussed in more detail below). Cookies on our websites are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into password-protected portions of a website and cookies that save items in your online shopping cart.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users on one of our websites and understand how such users navigate through the website (e.g., when and which pages are visited, in what order the pages are visited, and where a user is located). This helps improve how our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
We use Google Analytics for part of this process. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt-out of Google Analytics’ collection and use of data generated by your use of our websites by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies improve the functional performance of our websites and make them easier for you to use. For example, functional cookies are used to remember that you previously visited a website and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies because they remain on your device for us to use during your next visit to the website.
- Marketing Cookies. These cookies are used to track visitors across websites. These cookies are used to display ads that we believe are relevant and engaging to you. We use Facebook Ads to show you our ads on other websites based on your visits to our websites and other online activity. To adjust how ads on Facebook are shown to you, visit https://www.facebook.com/help/247395082112892.
In addition, we use Shopify and Magento to power our online stores. For more information regarding Shopify’s cookies, visit https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies. To learn more about Magento’s cookies, visit https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/stores/cookie-reference.html.
You can prevent the use of certain cookies by modifying your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help,” “Internet Options,” or “Settings.” If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you may still access our websites, however, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our websites (such as the shopping cart feature), and you may, for example, be required to re-enter your log-in details.
Some web browsers may allow you to transmit a “do-not-track” signal. At this time, Juvo Plus does not take any action in response to these signals. However, we recognize the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) as a valid request from you to opt out of marketing cookies for the browser that you use to access our websites.
The Service is not intended for users under the age of 16 and Juvo Plus does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16. If you are aware of, or suspect that, someone under the age of 16 is using the Service without permission, please notify us immediately by contacting us via the methods set out in the How to Contact Us below. If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out the FTC Guidelines for protecting your child’s privacy online.
Our Use of Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service to you and provide products or services requested by, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our relationship with, you;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To respond to your inquiries or requests, and to request feedback;
- To administer promotions, events, or surveys;
- To provide promotional material or other marketing materials that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To track use of your username and password to access our websites and your shopping cart;
- To personalize our websites (e.g., displaying your name after you log in);
- To analyze use of our websites;
- To tailor advertisements to what we believe will be of interest to you (including working with our advertising partners to display advertisements on third-party websites that you may visit);
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or to prosecute those responsible; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Juvo Plus’ group companies and brands, including our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Service providers, including hosting providers and IT outsourcing, payment processors, shipping providers, fraud detection and prevention providers, and marketing providers. In some instances, service providers will be directly responsible to you for their use of your personal information. They may be obliged by law to provide you with additional information regarding the personal information that they hold about you and how and why they process that information. Further information may be provided to you in a separate notice or may be obtained from such service providers directly, for example, via their websites.
- Advertising networks to provide you with relevant marketing.
- Advisers and financial institutions, including auditors, notaries, business continuity support service providers, and legal, tax, and risk and compliance advisors.
- Third parties in connection with a change to the control or financial status of Juvo Plus, including a corporate restructuring, sale, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, transfer, or assignment of assets or business merger or divestiture. Personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction.
- Government bodies, dispute resolution organizations, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties in connection with (a) responding to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive; (b) cooperating in a law enforcement or similar investigation; or (c) otherwise protecting our rights, as applicable.
Your Privacy Choices
If you no longer want to receive our newsletter, emails, or other marketing communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe options in the communication itself or by emailing us at the contact information in the How to Contact Us section below.
Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating directly to your account or purchases placed through our websites.
By logging into your account, you may view, update, or delete information in your account. You may cancel your account by contacting us via the methods set out in the How to Contact Us section below. If you cancel your account, we may retain a copy of your information so that you may reactivate your account or otherwise to comply with applicable law.
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. We have implemented various security measures to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the Service. Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. Although we seek to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username or password with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, please contact us immediately via the methods set out in the How to Contact Us section below.
Additional Disclosures for Residents of California
To understand what personal information we may have collected about you in the past 12 months, and from where we collected it, please see the section Information We Collect above.
We collect this personal information, as further described in the Our Use of Personal Information section above, to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives.
We may share personal information with the third parties listed above in the section Our Disclosure of Personal Information. Below, we have provided more detail regarding the two ways we share your personal information: (a) “sales” of information and (b) general disclosures of information for a business purpose.
“Sales” of Information
We have marked “sales” in quotation marks because a “sale” under California law broadly includes any disclosure of information in return for any value. This value does not need to be monetary, like in a traditional sale. For example, a “sale” can be when a business provides information collected through cookies to an advertising network that it has hired to promote its own ads—but then the advertising network is able to use the cookie data provided for its own purposes, outside of this particular business relationship.
In the past 12 months, we may have “sold” the following categories of personal information to the following third parties:
We do not sell, or have actual knowledge of any sale of, the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Disclosure of Information for a Business Purpose
To manage our business and the Service to you, we sometimes share personal information with third parties. These third parties cannot further collect, sell, or use the personal information we share with them except as necessary to perform our purposes, as instructed by us.
In the past 12 months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information to the following third parties for our operational business purposes:
|Financial and Transaction Information||
Under California law, you have a right to notice, upon collection, of the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which the information will be used. You have the right to access a copy of the categories and specific pieces of personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and/or “sell”, and the right to ask us to delete or anonymize your personal information, subject to some exceptions. You also have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information. Finally, you have the right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights.
You may exercise your right to opt-out of “sales” by clicking this Do Not Sell My Personal Information link and following the instructions. We also recognize the GPC as a valid consumer request to opt out of marketing cookies for the browser that you use to access the Site.
If you wish to exercise the right to access or delete your information or have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, please submit a request through this Do Not Sell My Information link and following the instructions. You may also contact email@example.com with the subject line “California Privacy” so that we can get your email to the right team. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Please note, however, before we will be able to process your request for access or deletion of personal information, we will need to properly verify your identity for security purposes. If we possess appropriate information about you (e.g., name, email, address), we will attempt to verify your identity using that information. If it is not reasonably possible to identify you, we may not be able to respond to your request.
To use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may need the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your identity directly with us.
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may link to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through our websites to provide increased value to our visitors. We have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection policies and practices independent from us. As such we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites. Please note that these other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information, and we encourage you to review their policies before engaging with these third-party sites.
How to Contact Us